story making activity
Make A Zine With Tally O'Malley from the MATHSTART SERIES, written by Stuart Murphy & published by Harper Collins Publishers.
FEATURED SKILL: (Mathstart Level 2), Tallying
NCTM (National Council of Teachers of Mathematics) Standards: Communication, Numbers & Operations, Problem Solving
What you need
- xacto blade
- paper to download & print this zine here
- markers or crayons for doodling
how to make
1. Fold the page into 8 equal parts.
2. Cut along the dotted line.
3. Stand the page up the long way and hold on to the top right & top left corners.
4. Now move them toward the middle. It can be a bit tricky at fiirst but keep trying & follow the page numbers as guides. When you get it right it will fold into a little 6 page zine.
AWESOME! You made your first zine. What did you tally?
Come play along & share yours on Instagram with me, I'm @NycBookNerd.
Sign up for more make & doodle story making activities below.
PASS THE FUN ALONG!