What You Need
- scissors or an xacto blade
- paper to download & print this zine template here
- markers or crayons for doodling
How to Make
1. Fold the page into 8 equal parts.
2. Cut along the dotted line.
3. Stand the page up the long way and hold on to the top right & top left corners.
4. Now move them toward the middle. It can be a bit tricky at fiirst but keep trying & follow the page numbers as guides. When you get it right it will fold into a little 6 page zine.
AWESOME! You made your first zine. What did you tally?
Use this as a storytelling activity with the picture book, Tally O'malley available here.
Tally O'Malley is part of the MATHSTART SERIES written by Stuart Murphy & published by Harper Collins Publishers.
FEATURED SKILL: (Mathstart Level 2), Tallying
NCTM (National Council of Teachers of Mathematics) Standards: Communication, Numbers & Operations, Problem Solving